Monday, May 13, 2013

Time to breathe

What a week.  Last week all the way through Mother's Day on Sunday was just pure insanity.  This time of year is always busy, but this year it feels particularly so.  I guess having three kids still at home all with their own intensive activities is finally catching up with me.  My daughter and I did have a great first camping trip with our Girl Scout troop.  Despite some rain, we had a lot of fun, even me who is most definitely not a "camp person".  I spent yesterday recovering from pushing/pulling kayaks into the lake for three hours however.  I'm still a bit sore today, but definitely on the road to recovery.  Now today is officially take a breather day and get ready for the fun to start again in a day or two.

As for my stitching, I guess I'm headed for my own little mini-version of a crazy May Challenge?!?!?  I just keep starting new projects.  I think I'm up to 9 new starts this month?  Not quite one a day, but darn close.  The good news is most of them are moving along very nicely.  Let's see what I have to share in pictures...

I think this little Three Needles kit was sitting in my stash for about 15 years.  I always wanted to have it done for the guest room, and it looks like this month it might actually happen!

Lizzie Kate - May Flip-It

Another one that's just so quick to stitch up.  I know this is good for a finish this month!

Lanarte - Ballet Silhouette #4

This is the second of my ballerina silhouettes.  Over one and all one color half-stitches.  I love these projects.  So easy to work on while watching TV or, perhaps, sitting on a boring conference call?

Those are the quick updates for the week.  Hope all my fellow US stitchers had a nice Mother's Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great new starts. I have some old Three Needles kits, but I don't have that one.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice starts! You are going to finish that Lizzie*Kate in no time, I'm sure :)

    --shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

    ReplyDelete