As promised, I've (finally) managed to get the picture of my jar for the TUSAL this year. It's a bit late posting, but the picture was taken at the right time. These are the remains from Clara, Through the Woods, the first of the Three Shops and the start of Cherries. Looks like the jar will fill this year.
I find myself with way too much thread left over from the kits in my stash and end up adding those to the jar as well. What does everyone else do with all the leftover thread? It never seems useful to sort and add it to my thread stash. Perhaps I'm just being lazy.
Also, on the good news front, I've got some progress to show on this year's WIPs. First, drum roll please, the very first 2013 finish!
Mill Hill's Clara Ornament. I'm working through the entire set of Nutcracker ornaments for the tree this year. Next up is Drosselmeyer.
As you can see he's well underway. Most of the stitching is complete. Now for the beading. That always takes me longer than the stitching. Still shooting for January on this one though. Next month hopefully we add the Mouse King to the pile of completed ornaments.
Just to keep things exciting, I think I'll save some of the other updates for tomorrow! Until then...